Saturday, July 15, 2006

No system check

I'm on vacation, so I'm not looking around the Rays' minor-league system today.

I will point out that Juan Salas' streak ended Friday. Salas allowed his first earned runs of the season when Columbus' Terrence Long, a Millbrook native, hit a two-run homer off Salas. Salas had thrown 48 1/3 innings without an earned run, though a generous scoring change one night in Montgomery helped.

For my vacation, it looks like I'm zipping over to Charleston, S.C., next week. This vacation is the least-planned trip of my career. I'm a history nut -- here's the line friends are sick of hearing: I was a double-major in college with history and journalism, and a minor in political science -- so Charleston should have some things that interest me.

I'll be in touch.

No comments: