Saturday, February 27, 2010

Riley willing to throw out Biscuits' first pitch

Just talked to Gov. Bob Riley at the state high school basketball tournament at the Birmingham-Jefferson Civic Center.

Of course, I asked him what any astute reader of Biscuit Crumbs wants to know: Since Florida Gov. Charlie Crist makes a regular habit of throwing out the first pitch at Tampa Bay's Opening Day, would Riley be willing to do the same at the Biscuits'?

"Absolutely, I'd love to," Riley said. "I've never been asked."

Of course, we're eager to see him (link and link).

This year -- April 8 -- is his last chance. He's term-limited and there's an election in November. Riley said he has no fears that he would not be able to accomplish the necessary task.

"I'll probably get myself in trouble for saying this," Riley said, "but every time I've ever thrown one, I've gotten it across the plate."

2 comments:

david santos said...

Good!
Have a nice week.

DEFULLMONTE said...

I "bet" he wont be throwing out the first pitch!!