Monday, August 21, 2006

Arizona roster

I went 2-for-5 on my "Arizona guesses."

Here's the seven Devil Rays headed to the Arizona Fall League ...
RHP Jeff Niemann -- said during the last home series he was going.
LHP Jeff Ridgway -- said last week he's going, after the Olympic qualifier.
RHP Jeremy Flanagan -- I missed this guess and, honestly, can't remember my pick at the moment. (I cheated and looked. I had guessed Juan Salas. I'll bet he's lined up a winter gig instead.)
LHP Brian Henderson -- thank you, thank you very much. I picked correctly.

1B Wes Bankston -- again, thank you very much. Another one correct.
OF Fernando Perez -- speedy outfielder at Visalia who needs to cut down on strikeouts. So much for my John Jaso guess.
SS Ben Zobrist -- already in the major leagues. I had pegged Reid Brignac.

They'll be playing for the mighty Phoenix Desert Dogs.

No comments: