Sunday, March 29, 2009

Sunday comes to close

I'm calling it a day. Story is written for Monday's paper on John Jaso, so go buy a paper or at least read it at montgomeryadvertiser.com. So far, I like the arrangements here at the new complex. The minor-league clubhouse is quite smaller and split, but it's nice having the major-leaguers right here.

I'll be on the lookout for any wild boars (third item) this week. Maybe I'll get a picture of one, right?

Jeff Niemann, locked in battle with Jason Hammel for the No. 5 starter's spot with the Rays, is slated to pitch Monday in a minor-league game. Saw Niemann today and, regretfully, could think of nothing nasty to say about his beloved Rice Owls. For any Auburn fans out there, I told David Price that you said "thank you" for Vandy's part in Tommy Tuberville's departure.

No comments: