Friday, September 01, 2006

Delmon sounding good

Delmon Young on his hot start, specifically White Sox manager Ozzie Guillen's comment that he's going to be in the Hall of Fame ...

from http://tampabay.devilrays.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20060901&content_id=1640245&vkey=news_tb&fext=.jsp&c_id=tb

"I'm not going to take any comments like that seriously right now," Young said before his first home game at Tropicana Field. "My career could easily change over the course of the season. A lot of guys have a great year, then come back the next couple of years and struggle. ... I could easily go 0-for-50 and I could be batting .100, so I'm not even really worried about that. I'm just trying to get on base, let the guys drive me in or try to drive in some runs so we can get some victories."

That sounds like the Delmon I talked to in spring training, which is a very good sign.

No comments: