Thursday, March 27, 2014

Reynolds didn't see Cobb take liner to head

Kelly Reynolds was Tropicana Field on June 15 when her fiance, Rays pitcher Alex Cobb, was hit in the head with a line drive.

But Reynolds didn't witness it.

She was in a suite talking to a friend and had her back to the field when it happened. At first, she wasn't aware of the details.

"He was down on the field and I waited for him to get up because I didn't know it hit him on the head," Reynolds said. "That's when they told me I needed to go downstairs."

The tears started from there. There was some relief when she first saw him and found out what he had said.

"I was so happy to see his legs moving," Reynolds said. "The trainers said he was calling for me to say to stop crying. Even in the ambulance."

STORY: Rays' Cobb enlists dolphin to propose to Montgomery native

No comments: