Monday, April 23, 2012

Velasquez: No fractures from flyball to face

Biscuits outfielder Isaias Velasquez returned to the clubhouse Monday, eight days after being hit in the face with a flyball.

Velasquez said an MRI today revealed no fractures, but his vision is still shaky. He was on the bike for conditioning Monday, has another doctor's appointment Friday and hopes to resume some baseball activity possibly Saturday.

"I'm feeling better and everything has been going good," said Velasquez, who has stayed home since being hit April 15. "I'm just glad to be back in the clubhouse with my teammates."

Velasquez was hit near his left eye by a flyball April 15 that he said he lost in the lights. He was carted off the field and taken to a hospital.

"The ball got in the lights at the last moment," Velasquez said. "I missed it because I couldn't see it."

No comments: