Made an administrative decision. With the high esteem that I know everyone has for the sanctity of the BCS/RPI rankings, I think it skewers them to include the short-season guys.
It hurts the short-season guys because they can't catch up in the full-season race. It hurts those late-charging full-season guys because the field is suddenly enlarged.
So, we'll keep a top five for the full-season guys (as long as three teams play). For the short-season guys, we'll do our own version of Division I-AA and have a top three (as long as two teams play). If someone is promoted/demoted between the two groups, they lose their points.
Without objection, so ordered.
For Monday ...
1. Jim Paduch, DUR: 6 innings, 1 run, 4 hit, 2 walks, 5 Ks
2. Phil Wunderlich, CHA: 2b, 2 1b's, 3 runs
3. Enny Romero, CHA: 6 innings, 3 runs, 5 hits, walk, 3 Ks
4. Leslie Anderson, DUR: 2b, 2 1b's, RBI, 2 runs
5. Reid Brignac, DUR: 2b, 2 1b's, 3 RBIs
1. Justin O'Conner, HV: 2b, 1b, 2 RBIs, 2 runs
2. Jeff Ames, HV: 5 innings, 1 earned run, 5 hits, walk, 5 Ks
3. Chris Andujar, GCL: 2 perfect innings, 4 GBO, 1 K
Today (times Central, p.m., unless noted) ...
DUR (Chris Archer 4-8) at Rochester (Luke French), 6:05
MGM off, All-Star Game at Tennessee
CHA (Albert Suarez 4-3) vs. Palm Beach (Anthony Ferrara 4-4), 5:30
BWG off, All-Star Game at Kane County
HV (Jesse Hahn) vs. Aberdeen (Jaime Esquivel), 5:35
PRI (?) vs. Kingsport (Akeel Morris), 6:05
GCL vs. Red Sox, 11 a.m.