Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Jennings hoping he'll go to Biscuits

Center fielder Desmond Jennings has been impressive this week and, he hopes, will start the season with the Double-A Biscuits.

"I'm trying to make it hard for them to send me down," said Jennings, one of Tampa Bay's top prospects. "I know I can play. It's just a matter of being healthy and staying on the field."

The native Alabamian, and former University of Alabama football signee, played in just 24 games last year at high-Class A. He didn't start until June because of a back injury in spring training. A month later, he was finished because of a shoulder injury.

"It was a rough year," Jennings said. "But everything is healthy now and I feel good. I'm ready to start the season. I was ready to start the season in January."

No comments: