Wednesday, September 05, 2012

Archer, Biscuits await word from MiLB

Chris Archer was on the bus when the Biscuits left for Mobile at 4 p.m., though he was unsure of his playoff status.

"I'm supposed to be prepared to pitch Friday, but we haven't heard the official word," Archer said. "We're supposed to fine out soon, maybe by the time we get to Mobile.

"Right now, I'm ready to throw, but I'm not in there. It's not inked yet."

The Rays want Archer, who has spent all season at Triple-A Durham, to continue pitching for a potential major league promotion next week. They need permission from Minor League Baseball to send him to Montgomery.

Archer was 7-9 with a 3.66 ERA and an International League-best 139 strikeouts for the Bulls. He said he would be fully committed to helping the Biscuits win, if allowed.

"As soon as I get here, it's time to be here 100 percent," Archer said. "I'm going to give 100 percent. I'm going to give my all."

No comments: