Thursday, April 01, 2010

Elliot Johnson left in limbo

Former Biscuits second baseman Elliot Johnson could be in his last days with the Tampa Bay Rays. He's out of minor-league options, so he can't be sent to Durham without passing through waivers, and could end up completely out of Tampa Bay's organization.

"It's a little frustrating because you'd like to know so you can make plans accordingly," Johnson said. "They're going to do what they want to do. At the same time, I'm grateful for the opportunities they've given me."

Johnson admits he was pressing early in spring training and has a .271 average in 26 games entering today. He said the Rays told him to relax, but that took some time. It happened just in the last week.

"I haven't played great yet, but I'm playing better," Johnson said. "I haven't played up to my capabilities. But they see what I can do, they know what I can do and they know what I can't do."

No comments: