Thursday, September 16, 2010

Well-soaked Cobb did leave with blister

Alex Cobb took an injury-filled path to the blister that brought him out of Thursday's game after four shutout innings.

His treatment for an aching back, aggravated by Durham's recent travels, led to him suffering the blister, he said. Cobb left a game earlier this year with Montgomery because of a blister and suffered from them last year as well.

"I had a little back ache, so I took a soak in the tub and it loosened up my skin," Cobb said. "I would liked to have gone at least one more inning."

Cobb was a postseason promotion from the Biscuits to Bulls. In two playoff starts, he's thrown 10 2/3 innings, allowed six hits and two runs and struck out 13.

That is similiar to the numbers he posted late in Montgomery's season. In his last eight starts, Cobb had a 2.32 ERA and 63 strikeouts in 50 1/3 innings.

"I felt I was throwing well in Double-A, but a couple of things were going my way," Cobb said. "Lately, I've been able to throw my stuff in the zone a lot better, in and out, where I want to."

No comments: