Thursday, May 09, 2013

Kiermaier: Knee "was killing me"

Biscuits center fielder Kevin Kiermaier said he felt massive discomfort in his knee today, which is why he missed batting practice and isn't in tonight's lineup.

"I think I did something in the game last night, but I have no clue what it is," Kiermaier said. "I woke up today and it was killing me. As a precaution, they're resting me today."

Kiermaier and the Biscuits said it was slight inflammation and he could return Friday.

Kiermaier, who reached base three times and scored three runs in Montgomery's 8-4 win over Mississippi on Wednesday, took some swings in an indoor cage and went through fielding exercises Thursday afternoon.

"We'll monitor him and see how it goes," manager Billy Gardner said. "He plays so hard and all out, every pitch, every inning. To his credit, he's played through some nagging injuries this year.

"If he could play, he'd want to be out there."

No comments: