Thursday, June 09, 2011

Bad news for Cruz: He's out for season

Biscuits pitcher Joe Cruz will miss the rest of the season after an MRI this week revealed a superior labral tear in his right shoulder. He'll have surgery soon, he said.

"It's disappointing, very disappointing," Cruz said. "They say things happen for a reason. I'm glad they found something because I wasn't feeling right, but it sucks that my season had to end this way."

Cruz will be with the Biscuits for the next few days to wrap up his affairs here before seeing Dr. Koco Eaton, the Rays' orthopedic team physician, and scheduling the surgery. Cruz said he was already eager to start rehab work, though he didn't know how long it will last.

"I have no idea, but I'll find out soon," said Cruz, who led the Florida State League in wins last year but was 3-5 with an 8.43 ERA in 11 starts this year. "I'm already anxious to come back, and I'll be rooting for the Biscuits the whole time. It's all very disappointing."

No comments: