Sunday, June 06, 2010

Stanton, on being promoted

Suns slugger Mike Stanton after being promoted to the major leagues Sunday ...

On his dad, who is also named Mike: "My dad is a pretty laid-back guy. He'll be there Tuesday and I'm sure he'll show a little emotion then."

On learning of his promotion from Marlins owner Jeffrey Loria while riding to the stadium today: "He texted me and said to call him. I kind of had an idea what was going on."

On his year -- so far: "It's been a lot of fun. I've learned a lot with a good group of guys and we're winning. I've become a better person and a better baseball player overall."

On the speculation that has followed him all year: "I stay away from all that stuff. It doesn't matter. It doesn't bother me too much."

On what he thinks Tuesday will be like: "I'm going to try to make it as normal as possible. If you think too much, you won't be able to perform at 7 o'clock. I'll take it for what it is. I still have to perform on the field."

No comments: