Monday, July 18, 2011

Moore making move to Durham

Biscuits left-hander Matt Moore, the top pitching prospect in the minor leagues, has been promoted to Triple-A Durham and will make his debut for the Bulls on Friday.

Moore is 8-3 with a 2.20 ERA and 131 strikeouts in 102 1/3 innings this year.

"I feel like there are still things I can work on," Moore said. "I'm going to continue to work on those up there."

Right-hander Jim Paduch has also been promoted. The Biscuits did not add any players after Monday's game.

Catcher Stephen Vogt will go for X-rays on Tuesday after taking a foul ball to the jaw in the seventh inning Monday. Pitcher Nick Barnese left in the fourth due to a blister on his right foot.

1 comment:

Mary-Owen said...

I knew it the minute I got to the game tonight and didn't see Matt there. I was hoping it was just a promotion and not a trade. I hope Stephen will be okay. It sure was hard to watch, seeing him get hurt, lying on the ground, etc. So... Ashley, Moore, and Paduch sent up, and although we just got "Mr. Super-U" Wendt back, surely other organizational moves are forthcoming. Even IF Vogt is not okay, but I pray that he will be fine.