Saturday, July 18, 2009

Biscuits wary of trying broken bat record for themselves

The Biscuits aren't confident they could compete with Steve Carrier in breaking bats tonight. Carrier is going for a world record in the fifth inning and break 24 bats in one minute. He shares the current record of 23.

"I couldn't break one bat in 23 minutes," catcher Matt Spring said. "I couldn't walk for a week."

Spring said he's snapped one bat in his career ... on the ground and injured outfielder Jason Perry said he's 1-for-2 in his career, but two dozen in a minute?

"I don't think I could physically do that," first baseman Matt Fields said.

Manager Billy Gardner said he'd need assistance -- from a pitcher.

"It would depend on how many fastballs they throw inside on me," Gardner said. "If they throw five, I could probably break five."

No comments: