Saturday, April 02, 2011

Lobstein heading to Stone Crabs

Kyle Lobstein shined last June, finishing 4-0 with a 1.19 ERA in five starts that month, a spark he hopes will last all of this season.

Lobstein struggled early for low-Class A Bowling Green, had a 5.91 ERA before his stellar June and, he said, firmly decided he would improve.

"I think I just got (peeved) and decided those guys weren't going to hit me anymore," Lobstein said.

It was the 21-year-old's first full season and Lobstein was 3-5, 4.69 in July and August. He threw six shutout innings in his last start, momentum that's helped this spring.

"I felt a big difference coming in this spring," Lobstein said. "I felt like I had a better mindset and more experience."

Lobstein said he's heard reviews that his velocity hasn't developed as first thought. This year, the left-hander is stepping up to high-Class A Charlotte.

"I just have to get guys out," Lobstein said. "You have to go out there with what you have. That's what it comes down to. What you have that day, you have to use 100 percent of it."

No comments: