Also, center fielder Kevin Kiermaier's foot wasn't too spry when he woke up, but he felt "great" by game time and pinch-ran in the 14th inning. Kiermaier is expected to return to the lineup today at Chattanooga. Plus, Kyeong Kang was surprised to hit leadoff in Kiermaier's place.
If you're wondering about Sunday's marathon ...
- 463 pitches for 276 strikes (242 for 146 by Pensacola, 221 for 130 by Montgomery)
- about 200 fans were left at the final pitch.
- 16 strikeouts by Biscuits hitters were the most since 17 in a 12-inning win over Jackson in May 2012.
- 98 total at-bats.
- 117 total batters.
- 26 combined runners left on base.
- 15 stranded by Biscuits, 1 shy of tying a team record last tied in (see No. 9).
- 2-for-23 combined with runners in scoring position.
- longest game in team history at 4 hours, 56 minutes, 6 minutes longer than a 14-inning win over Chattanooga in June 2009.